- United Services is guided and its programs closely monitored by a Board of Directors made up of community residents with a wide range of expertise. Some board members are consumers.
- United Services is evaluated by a regional advisory mental health board, made up of area consumers appointed by town selectpersons.
- We are accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations or the Joint Commission (formerly known as JCAHO).
- United Services is approved by the Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, and is licensed by the Connecticut Department of Public Health to provide Adult Outpatient Services and Addiction Recovery Services. The Center is also licensed by the Connecticut Department of Children and Families as a Psychiatric Clinic for Children and as a Child Placing Agency for Adoption and Foster Care.
- The Domestic Violence Program meets the guidelines established by the Connecticut Coalition Against Domestic Violence and those set by the Connecticut Department of Social Services for domestic violence programs.
- Customer satisfaction is tracked by satisfaction surveys and outcome studies.
- The Center utilizes staff performance monitoring systems and unit cost analysis for ensuring staff and program service accountability.
Enhanced Care Clinic
United Services has been designated as an Enhanced Care Clinic (ECC) by the State Department of Social Services and the Department of Children and Families.
The overall goal of the Enhanced Care Clinics initiative is to provide adults and children who are seeking behavioral health services and supports with improved timeliness of access to behavioral health care as well as improved quality of care. As an ECC, United Services is able to meet the special requirements to provide enhanced access to care including:
The capability to see clients with emergent needs within two hours.
The capability to see clients with urgent needs within two days.
The capability to see clients with routine needs within two weeks.
Extended coverage outside of normal business hours.