Family School Connection Program
The Family School Connection Program provides home based case management support services to (non DCF involved) families with children that attend Sweeney Elementary School in Willimantic, Ct. Caseworkers provide case management services to address immediate and concrete needs of the family to assist in managing problems and make referrals to appropriate agencies to assist the families as needed. Caseworkers assume the broad role of teacher, supporter, advocate and liaison to the larger community on behalf of the family and act as an empowering agent of change within the family system. Parent school involvement is an essential piece of this program and is encouraged and promoted.
- Case Management and Support to Families
- Focus Groups on Topics of Interest to Parents
- Parent Education and Skill Building
- Advocacy on Behalf of the Family
- Referrals to School and Community Resources
- Child Development Screenings
- Liaison Between the School and the Family
Home visits and the level of services provided are based on the individual needs of the family. Participation in the program is voluntary and services are free of charge to the family.
Eligibility: Referrals are accepted from the Sweeney Elementary School.
Funded by: The Children’s Trust Fund
Debora Moyer, Manager
P.O. Box 200
Columbia, CT 06237
P.O. Box 378
Wauregan, CT 06387